People have this weird fascination of knowing how will they
look like in future. But you can’t really guess, can you? I
mean there are a lot of changes in your body appearance from
when you’re young adults to when you’re older. Photographer,
Jan Langer photographed a dozen of Czech centenarians from
their younger pictures and when they were older.
Here are some of the Then And Now photographs from Jan
Langer’s Album called “Faces of Century” from when they were
young adults and now as older people.
1. Marie Buresova, 23 year old bride 101 year old
2. Anton Kovar, 25 year old bandmaster and now 102
years old man.
3. Vlasta Cizkova, 23 years old High School Grad and
now 103 years old lady.
4. Marie Fajrova, her personal history was burnt by
some, and now she’s a 101 year old woman.
5. Antonin Baldrman, he was a 17 year old locksmith and
now is 101 year old man.
6. Prokop Vejdelek, 23 years old. He had taken an oath
of Enlistment. He is now 101 years old.
7. Bedriska Kohlerova, a 26 year old bride and now 103
years old woman.
8. Anna Pochobradska, a picture from when she was 30
years old to now when she’s 100 years old.
9. Ludmila Vyslouzilova, 23 years old, she got this
portrait for her fiance. And now she’s 101 years
10. Stanislav Spacil, 17 years old Skilled electrician.
He is now 102 years old.
11. Vincenc Jetelina, 30 years old man who finished his
house and now is 105 years old.
12. Ludvik Chybik, 20 years old confectioner and now as
102 years old man.
13. Anna Vasinova, 23 year old, picture taken after her
wedding and now 102 years old.
You know how the human body changes, you age, your skin gets
wrinkled your body becomes weak. But amidst all that, you
have your life journey. From being an infant, to growing up, to
becoming an adult and instead of thinking about what you’ve
lost in the way, you should acknowledge what you’ve achieved.
There are probably hundreds of changes in your appearance if
you compare your pictures photographed when you were young and
now as an adult. But one thing that doesn’t change is your
personality. And this is what Jann Langer portrayed in his